New Silica Standard Seminar
OSHA adopted new silica standards in 2016, reducing the permissible exposure limit (PEL) in workplaces, and requiring employers to take additional steps to protect workers.
This seminar covers all PEL changes and new requirements.
SILICA STANDARD EFFECTIVE DATES
Construction—September 23, 2017
General Industry & Maritime—June 23, 2018
OVERVIEW OF CHANGES
· Reduces the permissible exposure limit (PEL) for respirable crystalline silica
· Requires employers to use engineering controls to limit worker exposure to the PEL
· Requires employers to provide respirators when engineering controls cannot limit exposure
· Requires employers to limit worker access to high exposure areas
· Requires employers to develop a written exposure control plan
· Requires employers to train workers on silica risks and how to limit exposures.
· Requires medical exams to monitor highly exposed workers
LOCATION: 1938 Windsor Drive
Salisbury, MD 21801
DATE: Tuesday, September 12, 2017
TIME: 9 am to 12 pm
Free for contract clients